Wednesday, 24 January 2007

Snow had fallen in the night. Not real snow, but that awful light-as-air-and-gone-by-mid-morning snow. In this instance, it had gone by the time I arrived in Watford. During the journey I listened to Radio Five and applauded Watford FC gaining their second win (and they're only half way through the season).

Richard Ahrens, head of Watford Recycling Arts Project, was visiting WCVS and we had a short chat about things. Then I checked my e-mail to find that the Indian Association had had to give their apologies for the meeting scheduled for 5:00. After a quick chat with Vanessa, we decided to postpone the meeting until 15 February.

Then I met with Sue and finalised papers for the 1 Feb trustees’ meeting, and then started work on a presentation for the 31 Jan meeting of the local Voluntary Sector Alliance. Then I met with Anne to go thorugh some fundraising issues, and then completed Farzana’s Annual Review (another one completed!).

Mid afternoon, I spoke with WBC about the possibility of the Watford Credit Union taking over some vacant offices at 149 The Parade. Hopefully this will happen soon.

I then took a call from Khalil Moghul of the Watford Muslim Community Project. He was disappointed at the cancellation of the evening’s meeting and invited me over to meet him. I was pleased to take up the offer and arrived at the Muslim Project at 5:00. I spent a pleasant and instructive two hours talking with Khalil Moghul and Mohammed Khan.

I was home before 8:00 and spent a quiet evening with Jackie.