Tuesday, 30 January 2007

Bobby travelled in with me again, and I dropped him off at Watford underground to go straight to his Mum in London. He promised to meet me at Watford CVS Wednesday morning to help fill a skip with rubbish. We have about ten old desks and several filing cabinets, all well past any hope of being serviceable. Sue and a volunteer have taken them to bits and carefully separated the wood from the metal. But the domestic waste site wont take them because it’s not domestic waste. No-one seems interested, so we have to spend money on a skip and I presume everything will go into landfill. What a waste.

Another IT problem - solved!

I arrived at the office before 8:00 am and first talked with Angelo to finally finally fix our latest network problem. It’s not something I’ve mentioned before but it was a problem with Symantec Anti-Virus software and Symantec (normally so helpful) were completely unable to offer any solution and after a dozen or so reinstallations and patches and much cleaning of registries, the problem is finally resolved. Thanks to Angelo. But this meant that I didn’t start writing until well after 9:00 am.

Getting down to writing

Sue had meanwhile arrived at 8:30 am and we’d chatted for a minute and I had explained that I needed to focus solely on some serious writing. Sue was very helpful and understanding, and helped me clear the decks. I think she alerted other too, because I had few interruptions. Or maybe I closed the door? Or perhaps I just scowled a lot.

Anyway, by about 1:00 pm I had sent off my notes on the Herts CVS strategic plan. I took a short breather for lunch and then by 6:00 pm I had completed my presentation for tomorrow morning’s VSA meeting.

With one thing and another, the rest of this week is going to be a bit of a roller coaster.