Friday, 5 January 2007

I woke early and got more work done on the report to Watford Borough Council on leases for local voluntary groups. By 9:30 I was in Letchworth to be trained on the Connexions database system Ascent. It all looked pretty straightforward and they promised to run some reports for us on the situation of 13-19 year-olds in Watford.

Then I headed off to Hitchin to meet Steph who is the key project worker for HIC (the Herts Infrastructure Conortium) and is piloting a questionnaire to encourage Herts infrastructure groups to exchange skills and knowledge. We spent some time going through the questionnaire and talking about HIC issues and initiatives. Steph was listening to John Martyn, but she seems so young! She really is a most engaging young lady.

I left at 4:30 and headed home to WGC. After eating and relaxing with Jackie (our first Friday without smoking) I retired to my tiny office to work on the Accommodation report that needs to be with Watford Borough Council by Monday. Much to Jackie’s alarm, I worked through until after midnight and so eventually managed to finalise a first draft of the report.