Monday, 15 January 2007

Cold start

The car was badly frosted over this morning and it was very cold. But I still managed to get to the office for 7:30. For staff, it was a quiet morning with just myself and Sha-Lee in the office, everyone else was off being busy elsewhere. Our wonderful team of volunteers helped fill the gaps with their usual calm and efficiency, and Anne and Sue joined us at lunchtime.

My day was very bitty; I:
· updated some PCs;
· confirmed January’s salary details;
· had discussions with Jim at Watford ShopMobility (who confirmed the satisfactory outcome of their grant discussions with WBC and invited me to their next trustee meeting to talk about incorporation);
· talked with Rape Crisis;
· corrected details about WCVS held on the GO East website (they had the wrong telephone number, address, and e-mail address);
· received a call from someone seeking a contact number for Watford Race Equality Council (I offered to pass on a message);
· completed two review meetings with Sha-Lee (part-time, temporary Communications and Promotions Officer);
· had a second review meeting with Sue (Services Officer);
· discussed with Sue papers for our 1 February trustee meeting;
· had short but very necessary discussions with Angelo (IT), Lister Hospital (about ongoing treatment and support for my parents), Omar (outgoing CEO at WREC), and Linda from the Disability Law Service (about her forthcoming trustees meeting);
· signed off Vanessa’s report on the Better Governance project;
· began writing up the outcomes from the staff review meetings of the last few weeks.

I left the office about 6:30 pm and soon got trapped in traffic diverted off the M25 and arrived home about 8:00. It was too late to visit my Dad at Stevenage hospital but I had a long talk with my Mum on the telephone and was pleased to hear that his strong recovery continues.