Friday, 26 January 2007

The traffic was awful this morning. Aren’t some people rude?

I arrived at work around 9:00 am and sent off to my herts CVS colleagues my mail on the Value and Volumes study. Valuable as it is, I do so hope we can soon conclude this bit of work.

At 10:00 prompt, Pam Handley (my chair of trustees) arrived to carry out my Annual Review. I have spent 2-3 weeks working on other peoples' so it felt a little strange being on the other side of the table. But the review was helpful and afterwards Pam and I had a few minutes to discuss other ongoing work in advance of next week’s trustees’ meeting.

I then spoke with Emma at WBC to make arrangements for a presentation on volunteering to the forthcoming One Watford meeting. Volunteering is a significant "stretch" target for Watford and Hertfordshire, and it is good that Watford's Local Strategic Planning group is looking at the issue. My key task, with Helen (our Volunteer Centre Co-ordinator) will be to turn their interest into a real commitment to promote local volunteering.

In the afternnon I met with Des for a regular weekly review meeting on the Connexions contract. After this, I finally found time to get access from my PC to the Hertfordshire Connexions database Ascent. I look forward to exploring this database more.

In the evening, Mum called around for a quick cup of tea and a chat, and then Jackie and I settled down to enjoy a new episode of Midsomer Murder.