Tuesday, 2 January 2007

I woke at 6:00 am to get a head start on the day. Bryan wasn’t well and was meant to start work today as a “driver’s mate” for Tesco. Anyway, the end result is that Bobby was dropped off at 7:00 am to be a driver’s mate for the day. I do hope he enjoys it.

At WCVS, our new year began with a staff meeting to discuss new systems, accounting needs, Volbase, strategic planning, staff review meetings and IiP status. After this, I had a longer meeting with Sha-Lee about preparing our contacts database for Volbase.

Then I took a call from Sharifa about the Watford Racial Equality Council and local grants issues. I will meet her tomorrow for more discussions.

After dealing with correspondence I left the office at 5:30 pm – quite a civilised hour and all in all a rather gentle re-entry into WCVS things.