Wednesday, 27 June 2007

By the time I arrived at the office, Maria had already completed a draft minute of yesterday afternoon’s meeting. Quick work!

The Big News stories today were Tony Blair’s retirement and floods across the north of England. I do wonder about posterity’s judgement on Tony Blair, but I don’t think the two stories are directly connected.

Two months ago, I was asked if I would give a briefing to Watford Borough Council’s grants officers on the county-wide and regional structure of the voluntary sector. Of course I agreed, and we were also joined by Leslie Billy (of the Guideposts Trust) and Raj Pandya (of the Hindu Association) who are both newly elected officers of the Watford One World forum. We were also joined by Maria and Anne of WCVS. I think it went well adn there were some good discussions. At least no-one fell asleep and no-one threw anything.

More on data

I did much further research on databases, including several long discussions and some web research. I will talk things over with Pam on Friday. A good Chairperson is so important to any charity, and I feel absolutely blessed to have a smart chairperson I can talk things over with. When Sir Alan Sugar coined the phrase “drop dead shrewd”, he must have had Pam Handley in mind.