Wednesday, 6 June 2007

The lull before the storm?

Today I enjoyed my final day or so of relative peace. I will soon be immersed in another round of meetings and chasing frantically after deadlines.

Radio Times

On the drive home, I listened to FreshFM – the youth / community radio station broadcasting all this week across Watford on 101.8.

Lasy Friday, Des Reid (one of our Connexions PAs) joined FreshFM to talk about bullying. I was hurryign to my grand-daughter’s birthday party and missed the broadcast. By all accounts, Des’s performance on Friday was excellent. But then Des has a natural radio voice, deep and and well modulated and his manner is naturally relaxed and reassuring.

Tonight was the turn of Saud and Farzana (our other two PAs) who joined FreshFM to talk about drug abuse. Both came across very well indeed: young, bright, confident and able to quote masses of information and data. I enjoyed the show greatly and listened attentively until the signal finally gave out around Hatfield.