Thursday, 21 June 2007

I spent the morning at the office catching up on correspondence and replying to twenty or so of the more pressing e-mails. Most importantly, I decided that I cannot afford to devote much time next week to our audit, so this will largely have to wait until the week after when Stella (our new Finance and Administration Officer) ought to have started! I also had another very interesting talk with Maria (our temporary Office Administrator) about the need for a Polish Association in Watford.

In the afternoon, I travelled to Stevenage to meet with Paul Ruskin who has been commissioned to help draft the IT strategy for the Hertfordshire Infrastructure Consortium. Paul says he knows what he does best (“talking to people and pulling stuff together”) and he really does seem to do it very well. This exercise is critical as so much of Watford CVS’s own work will need to dovetail in with this HIC initiative.