Tuesday, 12 June 2007

As I’ve anticipated for some time, my workload is beginning to pile up and I am having to shift up a gear.

Today I went to the Valley School in Stevenage for the Hertfordshire Infrastructure Consortium. First, there was the meeting itself and confirmation that the bulk of the coming development work will be undertaken by a small “steering group”. Then we had a presentation from Paul Ruskin of Cambridgeshire Circuit Riders on this IT project and its possible application to Hertfordshire. Then after lunch, Paul stayed to help us begin discussing a proper IT strategy for infrastructure groups in Hertfordshire. All very useful.

At the end, I found the carpark jammed with cars and mini-buses arriving to collect children from school. Realising I was otherwise stuck for 20-30 minutes, I decided to leave quickly between two “No Exit” signs. I arrived home around 4:00 pm and spent the best part of the evening getting to grips with WCVS’s second stage application for BASIS funding.