Friday, 22 June 2007

I wrestled through the morning with our BASIS business plan and I am just beginning to dare to hope that the end might soon be in sight. In the afternoon, I took my car for its MOT and while waiting I read the Quirk Report on community ownership of local authority assets. Such fun.

Then I drove into Watford with Jackie for the opening of Watford Museum’s exhibition commemorating the bicentenary of the Abolition of the Slave Trade.

After the exhibition, Jackie and I wondered along Watford High Street looking for somewhere to eat. It was about 7:30 PM. We wondered the entire length of the High Street and back and found nothing that might attract us. Everywhere was brash, usually with “bouncers” on the door and nearly always with young people gathering outside in loud groups. I am sure all the young people were really just friendly big pussy cats. But they were noisome. I wanted somewhere quiet and there simply wasn't anywhere so after forty fruitless minutes we headed off and soon found a quite acceptable Chinese restaurant in north Watford.

In this restaurant, I ordered Green Tea and the waitress heard Cream Tea - which actually would have been very welcome.