Friday, 1 June 2007

Today, I completed a year with Watford CVS. Disappointingly, no holiday was declared and there was no parade on Watford High Street. Like everyone else, I marked the event quietly by simply ignoring it.

I spent part of the day sorting out preparations for the forthcoming Networking Lunch. I chased Herts CVS colleagues for some comparative data on activities etc. This morning I met with Lincoln Beckford, one of my trustees, to learn about his work and background. After, I had a long talk with Helen about volunteering and the One Watford LSP. In the afternoon I met with Mary Green from Three Rivers CVS to talk through our respective BASIS bids.

Des Reid (one of our Connexions PAs) was preparing to go "on air" on local youth radio station Fresh FM: he looked very relaxed about it. I hurried off home at 5:00 sharp as Jackie and I were hosting our (nearly three year old) grand-daughter Bethany for the night and I didn't want to miss anything. She is a beautiful child and it is a delight to have her stay. Sadly it meant that I missed Des's radio performance. Sorry Des.