Wednesday, 7 November 2007

Happy Birthday Dear Blog

Appropriately for my Blog’s first birthday, this evening our Executive Committee met and we were able to welcome two new trustees: the very experienced John Casstles and the very smart Lesley Billy. Both are excellent additions to the trustee team at WCVS.

As he is to take over as treasurer, I spent part of the afternoon with John discussing WCVS finances and systems. The evening meeting went well. Our chairwoman Pam maintained her record of supplying me with the perfect word that hovers just beyond my grasp. The trustees confirmed Helen as the full-time Volunteer Centre Co-ordinator. It was agreed to invite two potential new trustees to the next meeting with a view to possible co-option (Mir Ejaz of the Muslim Community Project and Marv Renshaw of Inspiral Arts). John Casstles was confirmed as Treasurer. The financial report was received. Dates were set for future meetings. And my draft Complaints Procedure was referred back for further work.

In the night, I was woken yet again by my nagging tooth ache. I fear another trip to the dentist is necessary. In the middle of the night, I sat up reading. Aged Ken was there, our decrepit white cat. He really does now look and seem pretty feeble; each morning I half expect to find him as stiff as a board with his four paws in the air. He probably fears the same about me.