Sunday, 18 November, 2007

Somehow I had set the clock back two hours and the alarm went off at 6:00 am. By the time Jackie and I realised, we had already run a bath, had a cup of tea and made breakfast. How popular was I? Fortunately she loves me enough to forgive.

I spent the entire day working on the IT project proposal for HIC. I already had lots of notes and a brief outline, and much supporting information from Paul Ruskin (regional IT champion) and Angelo Gibertoni (our IT consultant). So in theory I simply had to put everything together. I didn’t even notice that it was snowing until Jackie returned from her evening walk looking like an Antarctic explorer.

It was a long day, but I finished in time for a nice cup of tea and a Telegraph crossword before bed.

Amazingly, my tooth-ache of the past six weeks seems to have very nearly disappeared. Perhaps my last (painful) visit to the Dentist served some purpose after all.

Recent reading (I know you're interested)

I read Boris Starling’s murder mystery Visibility. Not very challenging but perfectly well written and interestingly set in 1950’s smog-bound London. Then I read Stuart Maconie’s Cider with Roadies which was everything you’d expect from the title and the author.