Thursday, 1 November 2007

After last night’s exertions, I arrived at work about 10:00 am. I discovered that I had omitted to spellcheck at least one of the papers I finished and mailed late last night and it’s riddled with typing errors. I can’t bring myself to check the other papers.

I returned a call from Althea MacLean OBE who is one of my trustees, ex-Chair of WCVS, and one of the Jewels in the Crown of local voluntarism. She was concerned about developments at the Holywell Community Centre, where the African Caribbean Association is expecting to relocate shortly. Watford Borough Council is hoping that local community groups will take over the management of the Centre. This is a laudable aim of course but the transition is painful. The Indian Association are also involved in the Holywell Centre and also have concerns. Althea and I took a trip down to the Centre and she talked me through proposals for the allocation of rooms. Clearly there are difficulties.

While there, the African Caribbean Association’s luncheon club is meeting and Althea and I joined them for a very tasty lunch.

Later, I checked through the minutes of several recent meetings, met with WCVS staff to review our fundraising targets for the year, and with Louise Jones of Connexions to discuss progress on our Connexions contract.