Tuesday, 12 May 2009

I returned to work this morning feeling much better after a good night’s sleep: it is a great comfort to know I can rely on such strong powers of recovery. Amidst the other work of recent weeks, we have developed a website to promote the forthcoming Watford LIVE! festival. Today I met with Ana, a young volunteer who is going to help populate the website at http://watfordlive.org/. Many thanks, Ana.

I received a wonderful e-mail from our Grants Officer at the Big Lottery: Just to let you know, I've approved your end of year report and it was a pleasure to read - you would be surprised at the layout of the majority of the monitoring forms that come in and yours is a real treat as is in a perfectly logical format! I'm really pleased with your progress and happy with your plans to remedy the delayed milestones. Naturally I replied that her e-mail was “a real pleasure to read – you would be surprised at ...”

Over lunch I met with Phil Willerton at the YMCA, to discuss WCVS trustee issues and to get some advice on redundancy situations. Later in the day, I met with another of my trustees, Leslie Billy, to talk about the future of the Watford One World forum.