Monday, 11 May 2009

After working all night preparing papers for Thursday’s trustee meeting, I finally clicked the “send” button at about 6:00 am. After two hours sleep, I arrived at the office for 9:00 am to discover that two key members of staff were absent through illness and again my carefully laid were thrown into turmoil. With so many initiatives currently underway, each day is finely-planned down to the last few minutes and there is little time for me to cope with any ad hoc issues that need addressing “on the hoof”. After a long night’s work I felt pretty jaded and not particularly agile but of course I did my best. In the afternoon I visited Robin Charnley at Community Action Hertsmere to exchange notes on recent development and forthcoming events. I arrived home about 5:00 pm ready for an early night.