Monday, 27 April 2009

By 9:00 am, my plans for the day had been thrown into disarray by three members of staff calling in sick. The World Health Organisation has just raised its assessment of the threat from Mexican Swine Flu to "Phase 4" but no WCVS staff are affected. However, one of these calls meant that I had to cancel my own meeting at the Holywell Community Centre and instead deliver a workshop on mywatford.net. I am accumulating an ever-larger pile of urgent tasks.

Later on, I met with my Chair and Treasurer to talk through options on our budget. We have raised what grants we can, approached friendly funders, set a prudent target for in-year fundraising and cut back on small expenditure. There is still a too-large hole in the middle of our finances for this current year and we need to consider the dread option of redundancies.