Sunday, 10 May 2009

It’s not everyone’s idea of a great Sunday, but Jackie and I spent the entire day tidying and sorting our garden shed and its contents. Today saw the arrival of Becky, our son Bryan’s lady friend and our houseguest for the next short while – I do hope we can all stay friends.

Aged Ken, our decrepit cat of indeterminate years, is unwell. At his advanced years, I am not so foolish as to believe that he is likely to recover. What lies beyond decrepitude? I fear Ken will soon discover the answer to this. We’ll just try and make his last weeks as comfortable as possible.

I have still not circulated papers for our 14 May trustee meeting. I hate sending out papers so late, but there have been so many complexities around the Holywell Community Centre and I have of course struggled with the prospect of redundancies here. Only now do I really have sufficient perspective and information to prepare any meaningful papers. But tomorrow is already cluttered with meetings so I must prepare and distribute the papers tonight or face the professional humiliation of sending out papers only hours ahead of the meeting.