Thursday, 24 July 2008

When I have a trustees meeting, I like to keep the rest of the day free so I can prepare properly. It is not always possible and I spent this morning interviewing for the post of Support Worker for the BME Advocacy service.

For two part-time support workers the decision was very tough as we had four very good candidates.

At lunchtime, I walked across the road for the official hand-over ceremony for the new Watford Central Leisure Centre. This is a very impressive facility - and I do plan to swim there occasionally once it is fully open.

At WCVS’s trustees meeting we had a long discussion about future accommodation and whether or not we should take up a WBC invitation to consider (things are only in the earliest possible stages) a future move to the Holywell Community Centre. Some trustees had strong reservations and concerns but it was of course agreed – how could we refuse to consider?

After the meeting, I stayed on talking with individual trustees about our particular shared points of interest, which is always very helpful to me.