Friday, 25 July 2008

My plans for today were thrown into disarray by a minor domestic disaster: Jackie’s hairdryer exploded in her hand giving her a violent electric shock and a nasty burn on her hand and wrist. Her thumb and wrist were badly bruised and dramatically blackened. I was of course greatly caring and sympathetic - but utterly useless. We eventually decided that she would take herself off to a friendly nurse and if necessary to casualty while I would come to work to collect papers to work at home and nurse her through the rest of the day.

My first meeting was with my Chair Pam Handley who dispensed her usual sage advice and guidance with her usual great grace. After, I met briefly with Vanessa (Development and Training Officer) on our QA submission to NAVCA and with Andrew Waite of the Sunshine Children’s Centre. I had to cancel meetings with the Sunflower Centre and with Marv Renshaw on Community Arts.

I was back home by lunchtime to find Jackie’s wounds dressed but still very tender.