Saturday, 12 July 2008

Since returning from Devon, I have been slightly concerned about how I will cope next week when I have a busy time returning to work and a Friday deadline to submit four assignments for the Institute of Leadership and Management course that I undertook over the spring at Cambridge Regional College.

After breakfast this morning, something made me double check the submission deadline and I discovered that the deadline was not Friday 18 July but Monday 14 July. “Oh Dear”, I thought. I should really have let it go: I didn’t enjoy the course and I was looking forward to the last few days off work. But I have already devoted hours to the course and (being stubborn to a fault) I determined to try and complete the course work over the weekend. Poor Jackie.

The rest of Saturday was a bit of a blur and I worked through to the wee small hours.