Thursday, 17 July 2008

Watford CVS is the head of a consortium of Herts CVSs bidding to host the Hertfordshire LINks service. This is taking up an awful lot of time, of course. This morning I visited Ann Jansz (my counterpart at Stevenage CVS but also a close neighbour in Welwyn Garden City) to talk about our bid. After this we both travelled to St. Albans for a meeting of Herts CVS where we discussed LINks, as well as the Funding Advisors’ network, volunteering, Basis, and the Children’s Trust Partnerships.

In Watford, I met with the acting Director of the Sunshine Children’s Centre and after dealing with more correspondence ahead of the second part of my summer holiday.

I arrived home to find Jackie in the midst of packing. I was not much use to the enterprise as I needed to read applications and shortlist for the post of Support Worker for our BME Advocacy Service. Jackie was very patient.