Monday, 14 July 2008

Today was my first day back at work so I arrived early to check some e-mails and take stock of what I have in store for the remainder of the week.

By lunchtime I was in Finchley for Grow 08 - Barnet CVS's annual training event. I met the wonderful Sandra Fullerton of Barnet VSC and the sharp and mischievous Robin Charnley of Hertsmere CVS. I also had a very interesting discussion with Ted Hill and Tania Murrell (of Hillingdon Association of Voluntary Services), and with Futurebuilders, and with Michael Lassman of Equality Edge, and with Andrew Brown of the British Trust for Conservation Volunteers. In one afternoon in Finchley I learned more than I had done in an eight week course at Cambridge Regional College. I wonder if they’d all passed their PTLLs training course?