Wednesday, 4 June 2008

Leaving work late last night, I (unusually) left all my papers spread across my desk expecting an early start this morning. But my plans were ruined by car trouble as my normally reliable Skoda Felicia refused to move. I don’t like cars. I borrowed Jackie’s Suzuki WagonR to drive to Watford and collect papers so at least I could work at home. Meanwhile, Vanessa met alone with West Herts College to discuss whether she can deliver accredited PTLLs training to the voluntary sector under their auspices.

After a swift trip to Watford I returned home at lunchtime to get my car fixed. Kind brother Jez (of Welwyn Hatfield CVS’s Furniture Scheme) popped over in his lunch break and fixed the car in about five minutes. He did explain what had gone wrong and I made a fair fist of pretending to understand.

I spent the rest of the day at home drafting a QA framework for Watford’s VCS.