Monday, 2 June 2008

My morning began with a trip to North Herts CVS to discuss projects that the Hertfordshire Infrastructure Consortium might get funded through the Capacitybuilders modernisation programme. We were strongly aware of our responsibility to shore up HIC’s role as a lead partner in the delivery of LAA ambition target NI7: creating an environment for a healthy third sector. The difficulty is to develop activities that bring direct benefits to front line organisations and do not treat the voluntary sector merely as a deliverer of public services.

In the afternoon and evening, I attended my penultimate class meeting for the ReaLM course at Cambridge Regional College. I have previously jested that the course materials have sometimes been reminiscent of a TV game show. Today we spent the entire class carrying out a group exercise based on The Apprentice. This taught me nothing except that some of my fellow students have some rather disturbing character traits. I know people are doing their best and I am genuinely fond of our two tutors but this course has been painfully bad and I yearn for it to be over.