Monday, 22 December 2008

Along with a last flurry of Christmas cards, today’s post bought a letter from Deborah Cadman OBE (Chief Executive at the East of England Development Agency) reporting that EEDA’s funding for 2009-10 would be lower than anticipated so some projects would likely be cancelled or curtailed – I suspect this will include the Regional Empowerment Partnership.

At one point during the day I agreed to be interviewed by Mercury Radio as vice-chair of the One Watford LSP. A nice lady asked me some very simple questions and I rambled my way through some rather complicated answers and the nice lady assured me that I would be edited down to sound coherent but I suspect she was just being polite.

I left the office at about 7:00 pm hoping not to have to return until 5 January 2009. We shall see.