Wednesday, 8 August 2007

I started the morning having a long discussion with Helen (our Volunteer Centre Co-ordinator) about our team of volunteers.

I spent much of the day drafting papers for our September AGM. At 4:30 we had a small workshop for anyone interested in becoming a Watford CVS trustee, and I was able to use the papers as a handout for this meeting.

The meeting went very well: five potential new trustees attended, three of our current trustees were present to offer support and advice, Vanessa gave a virtuoso performance outlining the role to people, and Pam chaired the meeting with her usual effortless grace.

But before this happy end to the day, we had a series of nightmares on the network, with machines hanging and sessions being lost. Our staff and volunteers were far more patient than I’d have been. Eventually, Angelo tracked the problem down and we think we’ve resolved it. For now.

In the evening, Jackie and I enjoyed another good walk before settling down to sort out some details of our forthcoming holiday. I do hope that the weather holds.