Tuesday, 31 July 2007

I endured horrid traffic travelling to work this morning. But on arrival I was cheered to discover that our IT chap Angelo had managed to install a test version of Microsoft CRM on our server. Previous attempts had failed due to some conflict with Microsoft Outlook - you think they'd have sorted that one out! We are assessing CRM against Volbase and we need to take a decision soon as our need for contact management software is becoming quite urgent.

I played a little with CRM, just testing its interface and the underlying data structure it imposes: there are a few key things I need to learn about the software before really pushing it.

Most of the day I spent working on our accounts (which need to be bought up to date) and on our audit (which needs to be finalised soon).

But I also had a meeting with Louise Jones to review our Connexions contract: this took most of the afternoon but was extremely useful. And I met with Maria to discuss arrangements for our next Networking Lunch, to agree new arrangements for processing financial transactions, and discuss options for meeting our reception needs.