Thursday, 16 August 2007

My neice Abi called this morning with news that she had got the A-level results she needed and would soon be off to the University of Wales.

Today was meant to have been a completely clear day devoted to IT and the selection of a new MIS for Watford CVS (with CRM installation problems apparently overcome). Instead I spent the entire day working to get papers out for our AGM. At least this helped underline why we so desperately need a new MIS for mailings! But in truth I already knew.

In the evening I visited my Mum, for what would have been Dad's 85th birthday. Our first without him. Very melancholy, But with a few laughs too. We ended up going through Dad's records of the old Jones family in Llantilio Pertholey - very appropriate given my impending visit to the Wales.