Wednesday, 4 July 2007

Today’s Big Event was the evening’s meeting of Watford One World forum. I was concerned that attendance would be poor, mostly as neither Vanessa or I had an opportunity to telephone people and make personal contact. It turned out that my fears were well founded and we only had five people arrive for the meeting, alongside ten apologies. Quality not quantity: the reduced numbers allowed a much more detailed discussion of several thorny issues. Jay Gaglani makes an excellent chairperson and I am sure that the forum will soon be thriving.

After the meeting. Jay and I talked through the next steps before we finally left the office about 10:00.

Earlier in the day, I wrote a briefing note for my trustees updating them on our work here, and I also did some work sorting out our IiP programme.

Most helpfully, I met at length with our new Finance and Administration Officer to talk through some audit issues, and she again impressed me with how well she grasps things.

My son and step-son travelled in with me today and went off to do some spray painting at the skateboard park at the bottom of the High Street (where this sort of thing is allowed). I was very impressed by the results of their labours.