Tuesday, 10 July 2007

I started off the morning in Hemel Hempstead at a Herts CVS meeting. Most satisfyingly, there seems to be agreement on a county-wide trustees' event sometime in early 2008. But there were other good things too. I left at lunchtime to return to Watford. There has been no contact from our departing Finance Officer, so I can at least now take the necessary actions.

Fortunately, I had a meeting arranged anyway with Maria Waszkis to talk about her efforts to set up a Watford Polish Association. After a brief chat on this, I related to her the events of yesterday and offered her a six month fixed contract to come back adn help out. She delighted me by accepting and she will be back at work tomorrow. Lovely.

After this, I met with Roger Sands of Millennium Volunteers to talk about the problems that the voluntary sector might experience when HCC introduce the Common Assessment Framework to determine the needs of 13-18 year olds. We agreed to try and organise a meeting on this with HCC.

And then I spent the rest of the day on IT issues in the hope that some progress can be made on this while I concentrate on Basis for the next few weeks. Other than a few critical meetings I can't cancel - I spent the later part of the evening reading through papers for Thursday and Friday's meeting of the Hertfordshire Infrastructure Consortium.