Tuesday, 24 July 2007

Rejoice!

Our Stage 2 application for Basis funding has been completed and posted. Apart fromt he application form itself, banking details and so on, this comprised a 26,000-word Business Plan, a five year budget, supporting documentation, a project plan, time lines, milestones, sensitivity analysis, critical paths, risk assessment, gantt chart, impact assessment, scenarios, user feedback, continuous improvement, stakeholder engagement and so on and so forth.

Phew!

Anne (Funding Advisor) and Vanessa (Development and Training Officer) have been unswervingly magnificent throughout the past weeks and I think each of us has a feeling that we can now resume our lives.

Ever onwards

I have just a few short days to catch my breath before moving on to the audit next week. In this few days we have our IiP assessment tomorrow, I have a day in Cambridge on Thursday and I will spend Friday moving toward a decision on our IT needs. In between all this, minutes are due out for last week’s trustees meeting, I need to write the final Value and Volumes report on the voluntary sector in Hertfordshire, we have a new newsletter to be distributed, and I need to arrange a meeting with our Mayor to discuss accommodation issues.

And this morning I also met with Tina Barnard, the impressive new CEO of the Watford Community Housing Trust who has agreed to come and introduce herself and WCHT at WCVS's September AGM.

At home, Jackie is still unwell. Also, our neighbour’s car broke down during the day and I gave Linda a lift to a field near Ayot St Peter to feed her horses. Why do people own horses?