Wednesday, 14 March 2007

Hertfordshire’s nine CVSs share a common goal of delivering an effective CVS service across Hertfordshire. This morning I headed off to Cheshunt YMCA for a meeting of the Herts CVS group to discuss the Herts CVS strategic plan.

I had been involved in the early stages of producing the plan, but have since missed a few meetings. I suppose the ego-ist in me hoped or feared that progress had tailed off, but I was impressed with how much sensible progress has been made in my absence. Damn these efficient, capable people.

By mid afternoon, I was back home working on the WCVS budget. During the Numbers’ Excuse Me I resolutely refused all offers to dance, and so kept my perspective. Discipline and self denial are everything. Around 7:00 pm I was rewarded with the wonderful sight of all my little numbers capering obediently to my tune: indeed, a sight of rare beauty. For guidance on the dancing metaphors, see yesterday’s posting.

In the evening, I watched Spurs on television, glad that I had not talked Jackie into getting rid of our television. Spurs are dazzling and frustrating in equal measure, just as they should be. Spurs were never meant to be a workhorse work-a-day league team; this club is built for the glory of the cup competitions. Whisper who dares: maybe, just maybe, the Glory Days are coming back.