Saturday, 10 March 2007

It was a wonderful sunny morning. Over breakfast, Jackie and I watched a Great Tit flitting around the garden. Then we took off to Brighton to spend the day with Bobby. As we left at dusk, a massive murmuration of Starlings massed and swooped spectacularly over the end of the pier. Very pretty.

Back home in front of the television, Jackie and I found absolutely nothing worth watching. So we had a long discussion about the possibility of getting rid of our television. I've always thought that at some point in my life I'd like to live without television; maybe this is a good time.

Of course it would be an easy decision if all channels and programmes were irredeemably awful. But then there are programmes I will miss: Midsomer Murders, Foyle's War, Poirot, Black Books, South Park .....