Thursday, 22 March

I awoke greatly refreshed by eleven hours deep sleep. At work, I began with a long meeting with Helen (Volunteer Centre Co-ordinator) to follow up the LSP meeting on volunteering and to identify ways forward. It was a very focused meeting and very useful.

After a brief break, I met with Vanessa (Development and Training Officer) and Anne (Funding Advisor) to brainstorm our second stage bid to the Big Lottery’s BASIS fund. After a very hard meeting, I think we pretty much finalised a good draft Risk Assessment (incorporating SWOT and PEST analyses). I was pleased by the outcome, and pleased that we worked well together.

Following this, I met individually with Anne and Vanessa.

An announcement is made

And some way along the line I told people that I was getting married over Easter. It was very gratifying to receive so many good wishes all at once.

And somewhere in and around it all I spent time with Saud trying to get his Connexions laptop working. It only took me a little longer than it should have done to discover that the reason his laptop wouldn’t connect to our wireless network was that it didn’t have a wireless network card (the one thing I’d specified was necessary). Ho hum.