Wednesday, 5 September 2007

I started this morning meeting with our auditors. There is one minor change to the draft audited accounts circulated for the AGM (a couple of wrong figures deep inside the detail of note 15) but everything else is fine.

I spent the rest of the day-time on correspondence and on preparations for the Friday’s AGM. Yes there is a problem with the paper I have written for the AGM amending our constitution. The proposed amendment included in the paper is exactly correct, but the text I have said is to be deleted is from the wrong paragraphs.

And at 4:00 pm I learn of an even greater problem. I thought the AGM was booked into the Main Hall at the Beechen Grove Baptist Church. It isn’t. It is booked into the smaller Lecture Theatre. Oh dear.

In the evening, there was a meeting of the Watford One World Forum. It was poorly attended. Our own fault: many people are still on holiday, it is the first day back at school for many others, it is two days before our AGM and five days before a networking lunch. What were we thinking?