Friday, 14 September 2007

In the morning I had long meetings with Des and then Saud about WCVS’s contract with Connexions (ahead of next week’s contract review meeting).

At lunchtime I hurried off to put in an appearance at the formal opening of Watford YMCA’s new residential accommodation. But I had the wrong time and was thirty minutes late, and by the time I arrived everyone had already feasting. With so much to do back at the office, I wolfed down a plate of food, nodded a few greetings and then rushed back to the office. I do hope YMCA don’t think I was too ungracious.

I briefly saw Mary Green of Three Rivers CVS who is thankfully returning from a long illness. I was meant to have met again with Sarah Pinnock of WBC but she had to reorganise her day as she is now going to be absent for some weeks for an operation.

In the evening, fifty people from Watford One World Forum gathered at WCVS for an Indian buffet and then a trip to Watford Palace Theatre where we saw an Indian cast production of A Midsummer Nights’ Dream: a very very good night indeed.