Monday, 10 September 2007

I was supposed to be at the Holywell Centre in Watford hosting a Networking Lunch on the theme Working with Youth. The exciting speakers list included presentations from Millennium Volunteers / Prince’s Trust, Woodside Community Motorcycle Club, West Herts Youth Service, Hertfordshire Connexions, Hertfordshire Partnership Mental Health Trust, Stop Gap and StreetStars.

Instead I spent the day at home hiding my face from polite society and nursing a large “blemish” on my cheek. I worked on the Value and Volume report of our research into on the voluntary sector’s impact across Hertfordshire. But I would much rather have been at the Holywell Centre.

By the end of the day, my blemish had all but disappeared and my face was almost back to its usual radiant beauty. Back to work tomorrow.