Friday, 27 February 2009

David Fitzpatrick of Hertfordshire Community Foundation this morning hosted a meeting to introduce some new ideas on IT to colleagues in Hertfordshire’s voluntary sector. The guest speaker was Dave Carter who has spearheaded so much good work on telecommunications in Manchester. My first learning point for the day was the discovery that Dave Carter actually attended Watford Grammar School. He spoke very well about digital inclusion and his work in Manchester. We can’t replicate this work in Hertfordshire (circumstances are different and times have changed) but everyone agreed we ought to do something to address Hertfordshire’s problems - I hope we can reach agreement on what this means before interest wanes and other demands and priorities take over.

In the afternoon I met with our Youth Connexions team. In the evening, I was disappointed by Wales’s loss in Paris: I can’t remember ever watching the Six Nations before on a Friday.