Wednesday, 5 March

I started the day early and visited the head of the local Chamber of Commerce to talk about volunteering and community funds and charity endowments.

Later in the day I met with Hema to discuss arrangements for the BME Advocacy service we are to deliver, read through a draft strategy for our Voluntary Transport scheme, set a date for doing a training event on PQASSO, prepared a report on our quality work at WCVS, broke a photocopier, and had a discussion about the District Children's Trust Partnership.

I also read through the interim survey results on volunteering in Herts. Again Watford has a return of just 6% of adults regularly doing formal volunteering: maybe they asked the same 100 people as last time?

Later still, Angelo (IT chap) arrived and we both worked (again) on the CRM installation. Finally, the installation was completed and I had another chance to see the software. It looks very good - just the ticket.

But I still wasn’t done for the day as I still needed to finalise and distribute the latest issue of WCVS News. I managed to send this at 11:08 pm and was home by midnight, a mere seventeen hours after leaving home this morning.