Friday, 14 March 2008

In the morning, I attended a meeting of the Watford Learning Partnership. This took place at the Trade Union Learning Centre in Watford – an impressive and very useful venue.

In the afternoon I drove to Letchworth to learn about a (nearly) free level 5 Leadership and Management course being put on by Cambridge Regional College. I decided to enrol. It will mean that I will have to spend a lot of Monday afternoons and evenings in Cambridge, but the training looks very useful.

After stopping off at home for a change of clothes, and to collect my wonderful wife, we headed back into Watford for the annual Audentior awards hosted by Watford Borough Council. This was a marvellous event. Other boroughs have similar events, but I have never seen one as elegant as Watford’s awards. It was very thrilling and rather humbling to learn about the massive contributions made by some of the award winners. Jackie and I finally arrived home about midnight, emotionally and physically drained.