Friday, 29 February 2008

Having set the alarm for an early start, I drove to the office through a beautifully warm morning. I wasn’t the only one in early as Anne (our Funding Advisor) arrived for an 8:00 am meeting with her counterpart from St Albans CVS.

At 9:30 prompt, Pam arrived for my annual appraisal meeting. We had a very thorough talk about the past year and an even more detailed talk through priorities for the coming year. On reviewing last year’s targets, my biggest challenge remains restoring a healthy work-life balance. I assured Pam (perhaps a little too confidently) that I was getting on top of this.

Fortunately, Pam and I are in full agreement that the priorities for me in the coming year should be managing the WCVS office and ensuring that WCVS members derive full benefit from their WCVS membership. This will lead me to review some of my “out of town” commitments with county and regional structures.

I then had a very good meeting with Anne (Funding Advisor ) and Vanessa (Development and Training Officer) on our Basis Fit for Purpose project.

Angelo (our IT chap) came to install Microsoft CRM on our old network server. This is our solution for managing our contacts and monitoring our activities. After several hours work, the prospects did not look good: our ex-server is eight years old and the motherboard is extremely fragile. Ho hum.