Tuesday, 5 February 2008

I arrived early and started shifting around filing cabinets as part of a small move taking place on Thursday. I carefully emptied one cabinet and stacked up the papers to ask someone to check through to see if they were needed. This later turned out to be a bit problematic.

I spent some time today searching for a “diversity calendar”. One would have thought that an annual calendar of religious and cultural events (Ramadan, Diwali, Hanukah, St Swithin’s Day, etc) would be easily available on the internet, perhaps published free by the Government or the Equality and Human Rights Commission. I delighted to find one site selling a Diversity Calendar for £450. Eventually I found the dates of religious festivals on the good old BBC, but the calendar itself courtesy of the Central Scotland Police!

Later, I began the annual cycle of staff reviews and later still I met with Jay Gaglani for a very helpful discussion about the future of the Watford One World Forum. So much need, so much potential, so little time.

Vanessa, Maria and I met to talk through plans for the weekend’s Hertfordshire-wide Charity Trustee Conference. We have put in so much work for this and I do hope it all goes well!