Monday, 18 February 2008

My morning ablutions reminded me that I had yet again failed to get to the barber over the weekend and I look increasingly like a portly bearded Peter Stringfellow. As you might imagine, this is quite distressing.

There was a heavy hoary old frost this morning, with fog, and so a slow drive to Watford. Vanessa and I received e-mails telling us we are now fully accredited PQASSO Mentors, which is nice.

Most of the day I spent on staff reviews and preparations for Wednesday’s meeting of the Watford One World Forum and for tomorrow’s interviews.

In the evening, I worked on the draft constitution for a new Community Choir starting in Watford. I have met the couple behind the scheme and was very impressed by their obvious commitment and humanity. This particular draft was pretty good, far better than many I have seen, and pretty short. But reviewing draft constitutions is not exciting under any circumstances.

The Charity Commission now provide many model constitutions and approved models, and this is a great step forward. But the whole thing ought really to be much easier. It should not be beyond the wit of someone to devise a simple flow chart and animate this to ask eight or ten simple questions and then save and print a perfectly good draft constitution. Or governing document. Or Articles and Memorandum of Association.

I completed my comments about 7:00 pm and left for home.