Tuesday, 6 February 2007

I first drafted out some correspondence (to Andrew Burt about targets within the county strategic plan) – this following my meeting yesterday with Helen (our Volunteer Centre organiser) and Fiona Brown of HCC.

I then travelled to Hatfield for a meeting of the Hertfordshire Infrastructure Consortium. This was my first meeting “in the Chair” and everything went swimmingly. Everyone was updated on the various ongoing projects, we resolved some long-standing thorny issue when agreeing HIC’s terms of reference, and identified a few issues on the horizon: funds for training; the status of the Hertfordshire Compact, the loss to illness of the HCC voluntary sector liaison officer, and the re-emergence of the PCTs after their reorganisation. It was also confirmed that Watford and Three Rivers CVSs were the only organisations in the county to go forward for possible funding under the Lottery's BASIS programme.

After the meeting, I talked briefly with Eliud and Maureen about securing Watford representation on the county-wide BME Menter group, and with Jane about possibly getting a community accountancy service into Watford, and then I dropped by to visit Carmen at the Welwyn Hatfield CVS. We compared notes and I gave her some advice on removing duplicated etc from the Value and Volumes database of local voluntary groups.