Friday, 16 February 2007

Most of today was simply a rapid succession of meetings and discussions:

- Roger (Millennium Volunteers) and Helen (Volunteer Centre) on a possible joint project;
- Maria (volunteer) about the Watford Observer;
- Laura (Watford Voluntary Transport Office) on funding and insurance;
- Priti (bookkeeper) on invoicing;
- Anne (funding advisor) on the Big Lottery;
- Sha-Lee (information worker) on data collection;
- Helen (volunteer Centre co-ordinator) on LAA targets;
- Vanessa (development worker) on the Safer Watford conference;
- Des and Farzana (Connexions) for a general review.

These meetings took me right up to 4:00 am. Between meetings I managed to deal with thirty incoming and fifteen outgoing e-mails, and take perhaps half a dozen telephone calls. I needed to lie down for a bit. Fortunately it was Friday and I got to leave the office at 5:00.

I arrived home to find that we had suffered a gas leak and there would be no heating or hot water all weekend.