Wednesday, 16 January 2008

This morning I returned to work still not feeling quite 100%. Inevitably I spent the greater part of the day simply catching up on correspondence. Most pleasing was a mail from Jacquie reporting that Richard Weller of Capacitybuilders was broadly very impressed with our work on the HIC Strategic Plan and Business Plan. Hurrah!

I also wrote to HCC’s Emergency Planners suggesting that they “pencil in” CVSs to join the management teams for any Humanitarian Aid Centres they establish in the wake of any civil emergency. This seems an eminently sensible suggestion - avoiding much potential confusion and making sure that the entire VCS is engaged.

I also surveyed the damage that my week’s absence has done to my carefully planned work programme. I’ve already regretted that over Christmas I failed to complete strategies for Accommodation or Community Development - how this is coming back to haunt me!