Friday, 18 January 2008

I began the day with a very helpful telephone discussion with Mohamed Fawzi of Connexions, then I had a supervision meeting with Pam Handley (my Chair of Trustees). My illness prevented me from preparing for the meeting as I wished, but it was still very useful in identifying key tasks for the February trustees’ meeting. After this, I met with Zamir Shah to talk about the future of the Watford One World Forum, for which Zamir (and I) have high expectations.

At lunchtime, our IT chap Angelo arrived and together we started installing a new wireless network, four new PCs and four new printers. These things are never entirely straightforward of course, and we were stuck at the office until about 9:00 pm. But at the end, more or less everything seemed to be in place. It will be so so nice to have a fast reliable network and not to spend so much time firefighting. And knowing that other people will have the same speed and reliability too!