Monday, 6 July 2009

Everything changes

Today, I heard that our worst fears have come to pass: my Chair of Trustees Pam Handley died on Saturday after a mercifully brief battle against cancer. For some weeks I have feared this was coming, but it is still a big blow. It is a big blow for Watford and Hertfordshire where Pam has been such a force for positive change. It is a big blow for Watford CVS where Pam has provided such leadership. It is also a big blow to me, as Pam has been such a source of wisdom and knowledge and support. I will miss her terribly.

After communicating the news, I got straight back to work and most importantly I had a potentially explosive situation to deal with over related to a particular volunteer here. Everything was eventually resolved as well as it could be, but this was a dangerous situation.